Engineering - Exam Papers - OL - Project - 2010
Make a Model Seaplane according to the example
shown or according to an alternative design.
- Planning and Organisation (40 marks)
You are required to compile a folio
detailing the following aspects of your work:
- Planning details required before
undertaking the task or alternative design
- Parts list and working
- Organisational plan, indicating the manufacturing processes, materials and
finishing treatments to be used;
- Testing and evaluation of the finished model
including special instructions, if necessary,
regarding the testing of the model by an
Note: Marks are awarded as shown in
the Marking Scheme.
- Project Manufacture (110 marks)
Special Note : Modified toys are not acceptable.
- Using appropriate materials make the model
according to your plans which should include:
- An electrical drive for the Seaplane propellor operated by means of an ON/OFF switch;
- One decorative feature to enhance the presentation of the model .
- The use of bought-in electronic solutions will result in lost
- All main operating features of the
completed model to be clearly visible without
- The longest dimension should
not exceed 250 mm.
- Electric power
should not exceed 9 volts.
Note : Marks are awarded as shown in Marking Scheme.
- Project presentation
Your completed project consisting of a model and
folio, both clearly identified with your
examination number, must be available to the